If you currently have any concerns about your breasts you should consult with your doctor immediately.
iPrevent does not replace a medical consultation.
iPrevent is not suitable for:
- women who have had breast cancer
- women aged under 18 or over 70
- women who have had both breasts removed
- women who have an abnormality in a cancer gene other than BRCA1 or BRCA2
- women who have a blood relative with an abnormality in a cancer gene other than BRCA1 or BRCA2
- women who have had chest radiotherapy
- women who have any “half” relatives (eg. half sister, mother’s half sister) with breast, ovarian, prostate or pancreatic cancer
The information provided by iPrevent is based on the answers you give.
iPrevent will suggest ways of reducing your breast cancer risk. Your doctor will help you decide which options are best for you.
A woman’s breast cancer risk changes over time, so you may need to repeat the iPrevent assessment in the future.
Certainly if any of your close relatives develop cancer in the future, or if you have a breast biopsy, your breast cancer risk should be re-assessed.